Organic SEO – The ‘Expensive Way’
The third in a three part series on the
3 Ways to Reach the Top of Google – the Quick Way, the Right Way, and the Expensive Way
I chose to refer to Organic SEO as the ‘expensive way’ in this 3 part series dealing with the different methods to get to the top of Google because this is the one that usually requires a heavier investment than the other methods, but in no way is it expensive. Not when considering the value brought that is brought to your business by being listed on the first page of the search engines whenever someone searches for your services online. Everyone knows that the front page of Google is ‘Prime Real Estate’. Very rarely will someone wonder past the first or second page of online search results. The previous two articles dealt with buying position ranking on Google, otherwise known as AdWords and making sure you are showing up in Googles ‘Local Listings’ (maps).
By definition SEO is – the act of optimizing a website to be more search engine friendly. It involves a wide range of factors, starting with keyword optimization moving on link building, and includes a great deal of website optimization as well – this referred to as ‘onsite optimization’. A good job usually requires extensive set up, but fairly routine maintenance after initiated.
Google uses a complex set of algorithms to rank websites and tweaks and changes happen often. So using what is known as ‘Black Hat’ tactics (cheating) eventually come to light and when Google responds you are usually banished to 3rd or 4th pageville. Never to be considered relevant again. However, when employing ‘White Hat’ techniques – one does not see results quite as fast in some instances but you do get to see your page rank rise while other sites fall and all without even having to pay Google for the privilege.
Though organic SEO services are quite laborious in initial set up, once you have a campaign up and running it then becomes fairly inexpensive to manage monthly from there on out, so over time, having your business rank well on Google becomes an inexpensively maintained stream of revenue. Thus is why everyone’s goal is for their business to be listed at or near the top of the first page. Following is a list compiled by Forbes detailing seven specific reasons why your business should seriously consider making an investment into your organic SEO strategy:
- SEO Works– Point Blank Period! The key is focusing on creating or improving your optimal user experience while still adhering to sound SEO strategies. The more you do this, the more your business will be rewarded with higher positioning and organic traffic.
- It is not going to stop working any time soon– The basic way that search engines operate dictates that employing sound SEO principles and strategies will remain rewarding for years and years to come. Even with the advent of search engines being utilized by audio and video now, their basic principle of searching by keywords will remain the same.
- It is cost-effective– When you compare the costs of maintaining a consistent organic SEO strategy against the cost of maintaining a PPC or Social Media Marketing strategy, the costs are fairly nominal. This point is underscored even more when you consider that you quit getting results with the other methods when you quit paying for them. While your organic SEO strategies will remain a bedrock foundation of all your marketing strategies. Gains made organically, have a tendency to be long lasting – even without continued maintenance. (though that’s certainly not guaranteed or advised, just food for thought). Overtime organic SEO has statistically always yielded a much higher return on investment than other popular form of online marketing/advertising.
- Search engines grabbing more market share– More than 80% of all online shoppers today now check online reviews before making a purchase, and this number is steadily rising. We wrote about the growing importance of online reviews here, for those that care to take a look. Without intentionally executing a sound Search Engine Marketing plan, your business will have a very hard time remaining or even becoming relevant with all the websites out there competing for the same dollar that you are competing for.
- Rise of mobile bandwidth and local search optimization– The amount of web traffic that emanates from mobile devices now exceeds the amount coming from Desktop computers. This dramatic explosion of cell phone internet usage has changed the way people most often search and thus is why in your SEO campaign strategies and budget your local presence cannot be neglected either. You can read more about what we wrote about that subject, in the first part of this series here.
- Not having a healthy content profile is damaging– With all the algorithm tweaks and changes that Google has went through, the way they view websites have dramatically changed. Things that never existed before, such as social media indicators, are now given a considerable amount of weight and have the potential to be a difference maker, when taken into consideration with other factors on whether your business ranks on the first page of Google or not. Another indicator of an unhealthy site is one that is not mobile responsive. Google gives ranking preference to websites that have been optimized for mobile and are responsive to whatever screen they are viewed on whether that be a desk top, tablet, or smart phone. Google provides a mobile responsive testing site. To see if your site is responsive or not just enter your URL and hit submit. Not having a healthy content profile spread out months and years is potentially damaging to your business, as it is another one of the factors Google uses to evaluate when looking at your site. So the best time to start your SEO strategy was several years ago, the second best time to do so is today!
- Your competitors are doing it– Jason Bayless, the owner of a website that tracks and ranks the efficacy and service of many of the nation’s top SEO companies says “Remember, SEO is a never-ending process. If you are not moving forward and improving your position, then you are losing ground to a competitor who is. Put another way – While you’ve been busy slipping, your competitor’s been busy gripping. – It’s time to stop the slide!
The importance of implementing an organic SEO strategy sooner rather than later simply cannot be overstated and although the investment might be front loaded,but in the larger scope of things organic SEO is a lot cheaper to invest in than its SEO counterparts, it attracts more click-throughs than Paid Ad campaigns, and organic search results are more trusted than Pay-per-click advertising.
Our recommendation: Implement and implement sooner rather than later. If you’d like a free consultation to discuss your SEO options and a sound marketing strategy for the New Year please Contact Us here we will be happy to provide you with a FREE consultation and customized marketing plan just for your business as well as a FULL 100% Money Back Guarantee and require NO MONTHLY CONTRACT. We believe in having to earn your business every 30 days.